Easy sugar-free BBQ sauce
If you love BBQ sauce but dislike the carbs, we got you! This is not a traditionally sweet BBQ sauce but when you have been skipping the sugar for some time tomatoes start tasting sweet so we don't think adding additional sweetener is necessary. With just a few ingredients you have made your own a smokey sugar-free dip.
- ¾ cup 180 ml sugar-free tomato sauce, purée
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp light olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ½ tsp ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce, olive oil, liquid smoke, smoked paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Instead of liquid smoke you can use more smoked paprika powder.
Make it keto by replacing half of the tomato sauce with mayonnaise.
Not only may the available products vary wildly between different regions of the world, but most readers won't be able to make the sauce with either fresh tomatoes or tomato purree (which vary less between different regions) after having read this recipe.