- 3 3 eggeggs
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil, for frying the crusts
- 8 tbsp 8 tbsp or green pesto or cream cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (220 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 12 olives or shrimp or cherry tomatoes or air-dried chorizo
- Whisk together the eggs and mayonnaise in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Fold the egg and mayonnaise mixture in with the dry ingredients. Mix into a smooth batter. Let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is sizzling, pour the batter onto the pan. Each crust should be about 3 inches (8 cm) in diameter. You will end up with about 6-8 pizza crusts.
- Fry for one minute on each side, or until golden. Remove from the heat and place the crusts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) using the oven's broil setting.
- Apply a layer of tomato paste, pesto, or cream cheese to each crust.
- Add the toppings of your choice. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and basil or oregano on top. Add the cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pizzas have turned a nice color.
You can use any topping for the mini pizzas. We have chosen a mixture of seafood, meat and vegetarian options. Other nice alternatives are cooked ham, bacon, or tuna fish. You could even make the green pizzas “more green,” by using green bell peppers, chili peppers, or artichoke hearts. Onion and garlic are perfect on these too.
When it comes to the cheese, a mix of Mozarella and Parmesan cheese is optimal, but you can also choose something else. Blue cheese, feta cheese or goat cheese will provide a great flavor addition if you like more flavorful cheeses.