Keto pizza omelet
Is it an omelet? Is it a pizza? Is it a quiche? Who cares?! When it tastes this good and it's keto, too, call it whatever you like. Just make sure you call every one to come for dinner for this simple, tasty meal!
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. (4 tbsp) 55 g (55 ml) cream cheese
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried oregano
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Start by making the crust. Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl and add the rest of the crust ingredients. Give it a good stir to combine.
- Line a pie plate (a normal sized pie plate is big enough for two portions), or any other ovenproof dish, with parchment paper (crumple the sheet before you flatten it out to make it stay down more easily). Pour in the pizza crust batter. Spread it out evenly with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes until the pizza crust turns golden.
- Use a spatula to spread tomato sauce over the crust. Top with cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until the pizza has turned a golden brown color.
- Sprinkle with oregano and serve.
I'm glad you enjoyed this! Thank you for sharing.
If you need 2 servings, you can use the drop down menu over the list of ingredients to change the number of servings. Yes, 2 servings calls for 4 eggs.
This was really good, not bland at all.
This one was a hit with my family, even my pickier daughter :)
Thank you for your feedback!
Right? So glad you love it!
We have not tested alternate cooking methods for this dish. You could try completely on a stove or hot plate but it runs the risk of burning the exterior before the interior is completely cooked through.
So glad your family loves it!
I am not sure what other cheese would bring the same characteristics to the crust. There may not be a good substitute.
Love the addition of pepperoni and herbs! Yes, leftovers are the best! So glad you enjoyed it.
Sounds great! So glad you enjoyed it!
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
Plus, I would like to make this low carb instead of Keto. Any ideas?
I was thinking I could add some almond flour to the crust and only use half the cream cheese and mozzarella.
Do you think that would work? I might have to put some baking powder or X. gum.
I will be making this tonight so please give me some ideas soon.
Have you tried Mascarpone cheese? I like it when I can't find cream cheese. It is a little sweeter though. You can also try greek yogurt which I have done, and you would not notice the difference.
Hope this helps!
Hi, Laurie! We haven't tried this with a cast iron skillet, but it should work fine! You can certainly make alterations to the recipe as needed. If you'd like to add more carbs, you can always add more toppings, such as veggies!
Our moderate and liberal low carb recipes are indicated by yellow and orange circles. You can always add more carbs to our keto recipes as needed. This article should be helpful! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/how-low-carb-is-low-carb
Thanks for sharing your experience, Cynthia! We're so glad you love this recipe!