- 3 oz. 85 g kale
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 oz. (9 tbsp) 55 g (130 ml) walnuts
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ cup 180 ml olive oil
- Wash the kale and chop roughly. In a blender or food processor, purée the kale with the walnuts, lime juice and garlic until smooth.
- Add the oil at the end and blend a bit more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The pesto can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to one month. This condiment is a wonderful accompaniment to many different dishes, like red meat, chicken, and roasted vegetables. It also works great with eggs, fried halloumi and salads.