Low-carb pumpkin spice crackers
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (30 g)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup 175 ml (100 g) sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup 175 ml (125 g) flaxseed
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (50 g) sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Stir and add water and oil. Stir well and let sit for 2–3 minutes.
- Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the middle of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Use a timer to keep track of time.
- Check the crackers. Bake for another 30 minutes and perhaps lower the heat towards the end.
- Make sure the crackers are dry. If not, let dry some more. Crack into pieces when cooled down. Keep in a tight-fitting container.
If you prefer nicely squared crackers, you can remove the baking sheet after 30 minutes and divide into squares with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Put back in the oven. You can use any spices of your choice.
Feel free to mix it up with different seeds, too! Black sesame seeds make a spectacular visual presentation.