Halloumi fries with avocado dip
- 6 oz. 170 g
- oil for frying*
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash coarsely with a fork.
- Mix avocado with sour cream (or crème fraiche) and the rest of the ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside until serving.
- Cut the halloumi lengthwise into sticks. Wipe them thoroughly with paper towels, otherwise they will splash when you put them in the oil.
- Heat the oil to approximately 350°F (180°C) in your deep fryer or frying pan with high edges. The temperature is good if it sizzles properly when you add the halloumi. If you're using a frying pan, it's enough to use as much oil as needed to cover about half the height of the halloumi sticks when you put them in the pan.
- Fry the sticks on each side for a few minutes. They are ready when they are golden brown and crispy on all sides. Dip and enjoy!