Halloumi fries with avocado dip
- 6 oz. 170 g halloumi cheese
- oil for frying*
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash coarsely with a fork.
- Mix avocado with sour cream (or crème fraiche) and the rest of the ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside until serving.
- Cut the halloumi lengthwise into sticks. Wipe them thoroughly with paper towels, otherwise they will splash when you put them in the oil.
- Heat the oil to approximately 350°F (180°C) in your deep fryer or frying pan with high edges. The temperature is good if it sizzles properly when you add the halloumi. If you're using a frying pan, it's enough to use as much oil as needed to cover about half the height of the halloumi sticks when you put them in the pan.
- Fry the sticks on each side for a few minutes. They are ready when they are golden brown and crispy on all sides. Dip and enjoy!
Eat them while they are still hot. Then they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Once it gets cold, the halloumi becomes hard and rubbery. In that case, you can cut the sticks into pieces and use them instead of bread croutons.*What kind of oil should I use when I deep-fry? We recommend that you use a heat stable oil low in omega-6 for example coconut oil (not virgin), avocado oil, ghee or lard as your number one choice.