Goat cheese salad with balsamico butter
- 10 oz. 280 g goat cheese
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (33 g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz. (2¾ cups) 85 g (650 ml) baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Put slices of goat cheese in a greased baking dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the goat cheese is in the oven, toast pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan over fairly high temperature until they get some color and start to pop.
- Lower the heat, add butter and let simmer until it turns a golden brown color and a pleasant nutty scent. Add balsamic vinegar and let boil for a few more minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Spread out baby spinach on a plate. Place the cheese on top and add the balsamico butter.
This dish can easily be customized to be served as an appetizer. Buy a smaller version of the goat cheese that you cut into slices and gratinate the same way just for a shorter period of time. They are ready when they get some color on the top.