Keto cheese tortilla beef burritos
- 4 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 110 g (160 ml) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- salt to taste
- 20 oz. (5 cups) 550 g (1.2 liters) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided equally
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomatotomatoes
- 2 cups (4 oz.) 475 ml (110 g) leafy greens
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions until they become tender, and then add the ground beef, salt, pepper, and Tex-Mex seasoning. Stir to combine. Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat up another large pan (non-stick) over medium heat. Evenly spread one portion of the cheese over the base of the pan, forming a circle, about 8-9" (20-22 cm) in diameter. Leave for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Spread one portion of the beef filling down the center of the cheese tortilla, and reduce the heat to low. When the edges become golden, slide a spatula underneath two opposite edges, folding over about 1.5" (4 cm) toward the center, and then wrap the other two sides over the beef filling, as done with a traditional burrito. Repeat the process for each serving.
- Serve burritos with fresh sliced tomatoes and leafy greens.
Recommended special equipment
- A large non-stick frying pan
Start your FREE 30-day trial!
Get delicious recipes, amazing meal plans, video courses, health guides, and weight loss advice from doctors, dietitians, and other experts.