Keto Thai chicken lettuce wraps
- 1 (1 oz.) 1 (28 g) (4 leaves per serving)
- ½ cup 120 ml coconut oil, divided
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground chicken
- 1 oz. (2¾ tbsp) 28 g (40 ml) red onion, choppedred onions, chopped
- 12 oz. 350 g , sliced and quartered
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp , or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp grated, fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp red pepper chili flakes
- chili flakes
- Wash lettuce leaves and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic, and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is browned. Transfer meat mixture to a colander.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, along with the chicken, and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Spoon the chicken into the lettuce leaves. Garnish with fresh cilantro and chili, for extra flavor and visual appeal.
Any type of lettuce leaves can be used for the wraps. Yellow squash or chopped celery can be used in place of zucchini if desired. Coconut aminos is a low-salt, soy-free and gluten-free alternative to soy sauce, made from fermented coconut sap. Popular with the vegan and the paleo movement, it can now be found in the Asian cooking aisle of most major grocery stores in North America.