60+ low-carb Mediterranean diet recipes and meal plans
With all of its fresh, colorful ingredients, the Mediterranean diet has become a preferred way of eating for many around the world.
When eating the Mediterranean way, you get to discover complex flavors and fill up on healthy fats like olive oil and avocado and rich sources of protein like fish and eggs.
This diet also features fresh vegetables like spinach and zucchini, which are rich in plant-based fiber to help you stay fuller for longer.
Not only does the Mediterranean diet represent delicious food, but UNESCO also recognized it as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity for its emphasis on hospitality, intercultural dialogue, and creativity. Isn’t that heartwarming?
We hope this Mediterranean diet collection will not only help you live healthier but also bring out your inner hospitality. So read on and remember: Mangia bene, ridi spesso, ama molto, or “Eat well, laugh often, and love much.”
Health benefits of a low-carb Mediterranean diet
Research shows the Mediterranean diet can improve your health. Plus, the Mediterranean way of eating paired with a lower-carb diet may be particularly beneficial for people with diabetes.
Whatever your reason for trying a Mediterranean diet, you’re sure to love the rich flavors in the breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack recipes in this low-carb and keto Mediterranean recipe collection.
Mediterranean diet meal plans
In these low-carb Mediterranean meal plans, we help you blend a low-carb diet with recipes inspired by the Mediterranean diet. The included recipes will give you all the benefits of low carb, plus the benefits of a Mediterranean diet to help you stay healthy and feel satisfied.Get instant access to all our meal plans with Diet Doctor Plus. Start your FREE trial Explore personalized meal plans
How does it sound to enjoy a quick breakfast inspired by sunny Italy, a delightful lunch that will remind you of gorgeous Greece, and a tasty dinner by way of France — all in the same day?
The Mediterranean is closer than ever with our low-carb meal plan, which will keep you below 30 grams of carbs per day.
Low-carb Mediterranean meal prep guide
- Prepare your breakfast for the week. Bake or cook your egg casserole or frittata before the week begins. Portion it out into individual containers for a quick breakfast on the go.
- Wash and chop your veggies. Prepare your vegetables in advance. Just one hour of prepping and chopping can save you hours during the week.
- Make the dressings and sauces in advance. Make salad dressings and sauces in advance. This will not only save you time, but you will also get to eat it for days.
- Prep your meat. Trim and cut your meat into recipe-ready portion sizes. Also, marinating chicken and beef one day in advance will tenderize the meat and allow the flavors to soak in. Be cautious with marinating fish, as acidic ingredients like lemon juice will start to cook fish and shellfish.
- Double your servings. Doubling your recipe servings will allow you to have leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. Or both!
Mediterranean low-carb dinner