Mediterranean high-protein pizza with roasted vegetables and anchovies
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g)
- 1 (18 oz.) 1 (500 g)
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 4 4 garlic clovegarlic cloves (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- coarse salt to taste
- 6½ oz. 180 g tuna in water drained
- 3½ oz. (1¼ cups) 100 g (300 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1¾ oz. 50 g anchovies in olive oil, drained
Roasted vegetables (escalivada)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash and dry the red pepper and eggplant. Peel the onion and garlic cloves. Prick the eggplant with a fork so it can release steam as it cooks. This prevents the eggplant from splitting open.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven (but do not turn off the oven) and let the vegetables cool for about 10 minutes so you can handle them without getting burned. Remove the skin from the pepper and eggplant as well as the outer layers of the onion. Cut the vegetables into strips.
- Place all the ingredients on a plate and add a pinch of coarse sea salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the crust with a fork until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out into a thin rectangle (less than 1/2 inch or 2 mm).
- Put it on a baking sheet keeping only the bottom sheet of the parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes at 360°F (180°C) on the upper rack. Then, carefully flip the crust over on the parchment paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack until it hardens and becomes crispier.
- Top the crust with the roasted vegetables and add the drained anchovies on top. You are done!
Eat the "coca" with a delicious green salad.
You can eat this "coca" cold or hot. Store it in the fridge for up to two days.