Low-carb cauliflower pizza with green peppers and olives
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 oz. 50 g (100 ml) shredded cheese
- 2 oz. 50 g mozzarella cheese
- 10 10 olives
- ¼ ¼ green bell pepper, slicedgreen bell peppers, sliced
- ¼ ¼ yellow onion, thinly slicedyellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 4 oz. 110 g (225 ml) shredded cheese
- 5 oz. 150 g grated cauliflower
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grate the cauliflower in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or with a box grater. Place in a large bowl, and add shredded mozzarella cheese, eggs (lightly beaten) and salt. Stir well.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture thinly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, to form an 11-inch (28 cm) diameter circle. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Spread the tomato sauce over the crust and top with cheese. Add thinly sliced olives, bell peppers and onions. Sprinkle oregano or basil on top.
- Increase temperature to 420°F (210°C), and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
So many options for the sauce! Store-bought and homemade tomato sauce both work well. If buying, look for brands without any added sugar. In a pinch, you can also dilute tomato paste with a little water – or just finely chop a fresh tomato. Or kick it up a notch with ajvar relish or red tomato pesto!
If when making the crust you find it is too watery, next time pan fry the grated cauliflower, stirring constantly for three or four minutes. This will dry out the cauliflower. Transfer to a bowl, then add in the cheese and eggs and mix. Then spread this on the baking sheet.
Feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings to this dish.