Low-carb cauliflower pizza with green peppers and olives
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 oz. 50 g (100 ml) shredded cheese
- 2 oz. 50 g (100 ml) mozzarella cheese
- 10 10 olives
- ¼ ¼ , sliced, sliced
- ¼ ¼ , thinly sliced, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 4 oz. 110 g (225 ml) shredded cheese
- 5 oz. 150 g grated cauliflower
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grate the cauliflower in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or with a box grater. Place in a large bowl, and add shredded mozzarella cheese, eggs (lightly beaten) and salt. Stir well.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture thinly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, to form an 11-inch (28 cm) diameter circle. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Spread the tomato sauce over the crust and top with cheese. Add thinly sliced olives, bell peppers and onions. Sprinkle oregano or basil on top.
- Increase temperature to 420°F (210°C), and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
So many options for the sauce! Store-bought and homemade tomato sauce both work well. If buying, look for brands without any added sugar. In a pinch, you can also dilute tomato paste with a little water – or just finely chop a fresh tomato. Or kick it up a notch with ajvar relish or red tomato pesto!
If when making the crust you find it is too watery, next time pan-fry the grated cauliflower, stirring constantly for three or four minutes. This will dry out the cauliflower. Transfer to a bowl, then add in the cheese and eggs and mix. Then spread this on the baking sheet.
Feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings to this dish.