Grilled veggie low carb plate
Get your veggie on with this grilled Mediterranean masterpiece. A fresh combo of grilled vegetables, olives, nuts, and cheese make for a tasty keto plate. And the finishing touch? A drizzle of olive oil and lemon, of course!
- 8 oz. 230 g eggplant
- 8 oz. 230 g zucchini
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (290 ml) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 10 10 black olives
- 1 oz. (3 tbsp) 28 g (45 ml) almonds
- ½ cup (3 oz.) 120 ml (90 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 1 cup (2 oz.) 240 ml (55 g) leafy greens
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Slice eggplant and zucchini into half-inch-thick (1 cm) slices lengthwise. Salt on both sides and let them sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C), or, even better, set the oven to broil.
- Use paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to pat zucchini and eggplant until dry on the surface.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush olive oil on top and season with pepper.
- Bake (or broil) for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, flipping once halfway through. You can also fry the vegetables in a large skillet or cook on a grill.
- When done, place on a serving platter. Drizzle olive oil and freshly-squeezed lemon juice on top.
- Serve with cheese cubes, almonds, olives, yogurt, and leafy greens.
Dry roast the almonds in a dry frying pan on medium-high heat for even more flavor. Stir warm nuts with almond oil and salt for a perfect finish.
You can find more vegan and vegetarian recipes here!
You could certainly reduce the amount of veggies used or even omit the almonds or the Greek yogurt to help reduce the carb count.