Keto lemon ice cream
- 1 1 lemon, zest and juicelemons, zest and juice
- 3 3 large egglarge eggs
- 1⁄3 cup (2½ oz.) 80 ml (70 g) erythritol
- 1¾ cups 425 ml
- Wash the lemon in lukewarm water. Finely grate the outer peel (zest). Squeeze out the juice and set aside.
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and zest a few drops of yellow food coloring (optional). Carefully fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Whip cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold egg mixture into cream.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can place the bowl in the freezer and give it a good stir every half hour until it reaches the desired consistency. It can take up to 2 hours. Use a spatula to scrape the inside of the bowl while stirring. If frozen, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Add a few drops of natural food coloring if you want the ice cream to have a more vibrant color.
Switch up your citrus! Limes and grapefruit make yummy ice cream flavors, too. If you try a grapefruit, use only one tablespoon of juice for every two servings of ice cream.