Low carb trifle
Creamy. Avocado-tastic. Banana-rific. This trifle is loaded with coconut flavor, and only 8 grams of carbs per serving. How much to you want this low carb dessert right now? Answer: a lot.
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) ripe avocadoripe avocados
- ½ (1¾ oz.) ½ (50 g) ripe bananaripe bananas
- ¾ cup 180 ml coconut cream, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice and some of the zest
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp erythritol (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 85 g (160 ml) fresh raspberries
- 2 oz. 55 g pecans, preferably roasted
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Mix avocado, banana, coconut cream, lime, sweetener (if you are using any), and half of the vanilla in a small bowl using an immersion blender or just a fork.
- Mix the berries with the remaining vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Fill nice glasses or dessert bowls with alternating layers of the two mixtures.
- Place a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the nuts. Roast until golden brown. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Top the dessert with roasted nuts and serve.
Add flavor to the coconut and avocado batter with some cinnamon, cardamom or perhaps cocoa and coffee powder. This trifle creates the perfect backdrop for tons of sweet and savory combinations! Serve in a clear glass for a gorgeous presentation.
In resonable amounts you can use it for cooking. :)
Amie, it looks like the recipe is labeled "liberal low carb" and the recipe calls for 1/2 a banana split into 4 servings. (7 carbs/serving.)
You could try heavy cream but it may affect the consistency.
You could make this a little bit in advance but I wouldn't want it to sit for more than a day.
The orange circle around the number 8 indicates this is part of our moderate low carb recipe collection. Keto recipes have a green circle. You can read more here.