Keto fish with oven-baked beets
Everything about the combination of salty cheese, earthy beets, and mild fish is just right. Combine that with our amazing herb butter, and wow. This is a dish that redefines “delicious amazingness.”
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse, peel and cut the beets into wedges, and place in a greased baking dish or on a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper, but remember that the cheese will add salt too. Sprinkle cheese crumbs and a couple of tablespoons olive oil on top.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until the beets have softened. Lower the heat towards the end if the cheese already is starting to brown too quickly.
- Meanwhile, fry the fish carefully in a generous amount of butter or olive oil. You can also brush the fish with olive oil and grill it.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the fish with plenty of herb butter or pink herb butter.
If the beets comes with greens, don’t discard them! They’re amazing when sautéed with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.