Feta cheese stuffed bell peppers
A super tasty vegetarian dinner that you can prepare in no time. Say hello to these yummy and gorgeous bell peppers! Stuffed with a creamy feta cheese filling and a touch of mint, olives and smooth tanginess. Hearty and healthy comfort food at its best, baked to perfection.
- 2 (10 oz.) 2 (280 g) green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 11 oz. (2 cups) 300 g (475 ml) feta cheese
- 10 10 green olives pitted and chopped
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried mint
- 1 tsp 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 oz. (½ cup) 28 g (120 ml) leafy greens
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch sea salt
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the feta cheese filling and place them in a baking dish or baking tray. Bake them in the oven for 20 minutes or until they're golden brown on top.
- Serve with a good salad.
Since it's super easy to reheat in the microwave or oven, it's a great and convenient choice for a delicious lunch box.
We have not tested this recipe with tofu instead of eggs. Since the tofu is a solid and eggs are a liquid it may not work well.
I am going to be very wary of other diet doctor recipes in the future.
You may want to check out our evidenced based guide on sodium for information about sodium requirements and limits https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/salt-guide
So sorry this recipe didn't work out for you!