Grilled pork skewers with ribbon zoodles
- 1½ lbs 650 g pork tenderloin
- 4 4 skewer (metal or wooden)skewers (metal or wooden)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp peppercorn, whitepeppercorns, white
- 14 oz. 400 g
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp minced garlic cloveminced garlic cloves
- 1 1 lemon, juice and zestlemons, juice and zest
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp minced garlic clove or garlic pasteminced garlic cloves or garlic paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Remove any silver membrane from the pork, and cut it into bite-sized pieces. In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the pork in a ziplock bag, add the marinade, and shake to completely coat. Refrigerate for at least one-half hour or overnight. Meanwhile, soak the wooden skewers in cold water, to keep them moist when grilling.
- Use a mandolin, a vegetable peeler, or a very sharp knife to shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbon zoodles. Place in a medium-sized bowl with the mint and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oil. Pour over the zoodles and set aside without tossing.
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and hot sauce in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the pork from the fridge and divide it into 4 equal portions. Discard the marinade and thread each portion onto skewers.
- Pre-heat indoor grill pan or outside grill, to medium-high heat.
- Grill the skewers for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they reach 144˚F (62˚C) internally.
- Using tongs, lightly toss the zoodles with the dressing, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- Serve the pork skewers with zoodle ribbon salad and spicy mayonnaise on the side.
Mandolin or vegetable peeler