Keto goat cheese and mushroom frittata
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 4 oz. 110 g goat cheese
- 5 oz. (2 cups) 140 g (475 ml) mushrooms
- 2 oz. (9 tbsp) 55 g (130 ml) scallionscallions
- 3 oz. (2¾ cups) 85 g (650 ml) fresh spinach
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl and whisk. Grate or crumble cheese and add to mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the mushrooms into wedges. Chop the scallions.
- Melt the butter in an oven-proof skillet and cook the mushrooms and scallions over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add spinach to pan and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Place skillet, uncovered, in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and set in the middle.
- Serve with leafy greens and olive oil.
Top with chopped olives and tomatoes or a sprinkle of fresh herbs for added color and flavor.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It's free and you can sign up at any time!
Great recipe! I used feta by mistake and it was still gorgeous. Can't wait to have it again!
My dtr refuses to do it with me and I need some accountability. Is there a forum on there or can someone be my buddy?
Marium, Generally fruits are going to be too high fructose and too high carb to have a place in a ketogenic diet. The exceptions are avocado, tomatoes and small quantities of berries. You will still have to keep an eye on carb count though!
Ginette, yes!! It's absolutely possible to be keto and dairy free! We have a lot of good advice and information on our website.
Kale has more carbs and a different texture and takes a different amount of time to cook down. If you try this sub, try only using half the called for amount.
Hi, Barb! You can simply swap that meal for any of our other keto meals. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/recipes
Two tablespoons (tbsp) of olive oil is correct for two servings. One serving is one tablespoon (tbsp) of olive oil.
Unfortunately there is not a good substitute for the mushrooms that are going to be equal in terms of carb count or nutrition. If you don't care for mushrooms, in this case, finding another frittata would be a better option. In good news, we have many to choose from.
Great! So glad you enjoyed it!
The full nutrition information is one value added benefit we offer with Diet Doctor Plus. You can read more at this link, and there is a 30 day free trial.
Thank you for the feedback!