Keep it simple. Fresh herbs—lemon—garlic—olive oil. Plus salt and pepper. That's all you need for a versatile sauce that adds healthy fat to every dish it touches. Classic Italian flavor, here we come!
- 1 cup 225 ml fresh parsley or fresh coriander or fresh mint or fresh basil
- 1 1 lemon, the zest
- 1 cup 225 ml olive oil
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- salt and pepper
- Chop the herbs into rough pieces and place in a deep bowl. It's nice to use a combination of two or more herbs; go with your favorites.
- Rinse the lemon and grate off the zest with a fine grater. Be careful to remove only the yellow zest, leaving the white part of the peel intact. Add the zest to the herbs. Add the other ingredients.
- Blend with an immersion blender for approximately 30-60 seconds. Don't over-blend; too much processing can give the olive oil a bitter aftertaste.
Although classically served atop Osso Bucco and other braised meats, don’t stop there. This oil compliments veggies of all sorts. And if you add some lemon juice or vinegar, it transforms into a delicious salad dressing or marinade.