Butternut pasta with tomato sauce and garlic mushrooms
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 3 3 minced garlic cloveminced garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (9 oz.) 240 ml (250 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1 vegetable bouillon cubevegetable bouillon cubes (optional)
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 lb 450 g butternut squash
- 4 oz. (12⁄3 cups) 110 g (375 ml) mushrooms
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh oregano or fresh basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- In a saucepan, fry the onion and some of the garlic in the olive oil. Add crushed tomatoes, bouillon cube (if you are using any), cream and combine well. Simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Mix with an immersion blender until smooth. Salt and pepper.
- Fry the mushrooms in oil in a frying pan until golden brown. Add the rest of the garlic and fry for a few more minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Make butternut squash zoodles with the help of a spiralizer. You can also shred the squash very thin with a knife. Cook in salted water for a few minutes then drain.
- Serve the tomato sauce and garlic mushrooms with butternut squash zoodles. Top with fresh oregano and parmesan.
You can also pair the tomato sauce and garlic mushroom with our excellent gluten-free keto pasta or zucchini fettuccine to make the dish to lower the carbs.
If you're in a hurry, skip the first step and use ready-made tomato sauce; just make sure you choose a brand with no sugar added.
Recommended special equipment