Keto pasta with blue cheese sauce
- 7 oz. 200 g blue cheese
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- 2 oz. 60 g butter
- 2 pinches 2 pinches pepper
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- ½ cup 125 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 10 oz. 280 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 51⁄3 tbsp 80 ml (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Whisk eggs, cream cheese and salt into a smooth batter. Continue to whisk while stirring in the psyllium husk, a little at a time. Let batter rest for 2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and flatten with a rolling pin until the batter is at least 13 x 18 inches (33 x 45 cm). You can also divide into two batches and use another baking sheet for an even thinner pasta.
- Place the parchment-covered batter in the oven, and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool and remove the paper.
- Cut the pasta into thin strips with a pizza slicer or a sharp knife. It’s even easier to roll up the pasta lengthwise and cut strips with a pair of scissors.
- Stored in the refrigerator, the pasta keeps well for 2-3 days. It also freezes well. (Simply let it thaw at room temperature, or carefully heat in the microwave, before using.)
- To refresh the pasta before serving: heat the pasta for 30 seconds in the microwave oven, or just let the warm sauce heat it. The pasta is already cooked.
Blue Cheese Sauce
- Gently melt the blue cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring regularly. Add cream cheese, and stir well for a few minutes.
- Add the butter, and stir until smooth. Don’t bring the sauce to a boil; you just want it to be hot.
- Serve immediately with your keto pasta or zoodles. Top with roasted pine nuts and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Make it colorful! You can get a rainbow of colors – and flavors - by adding a few simple ingredients to this pasta.
- Make it a deep red by adding 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Make it green with a few tablespoons of finely chopped fresh basil or a little frozen spinach.
- Make it a lovely, sunny yellow with the wonderful flavor of saffron or turmeric. Try just a pinch dissolved in ⅓ tablespoon hot water, and mix it into the batter before adding the psyllium husk.