Keto pasta with blue cheese sauce
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 10 oz. (1¼ cups) 280 g (290 ml) cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup (1¾ oz.) 80 ml (50 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 7 oz. 200 g blue cheese
- 7 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 200 g (210 ml) cream cheese
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 2 pinches 2 pinches pepper
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) roasted pine nuts
- 1½ oz. 45 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Whisk eggs and cream cheese into a smooth batter. Continue to whisk while stirring in the psyllium husk, a little at a time. Let batter rest for 2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and flatten with a rolling pin until the batter is at least 13 x 18 inches (33 x 45 cm). You can also divide into two batches and use another baking sheet for an even thinner pasta.
- Place the parchment-covered batter in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes. Let cool and remove the paper.
- Cut the pasta into thin strips with a pizza slicer or a sharp knife. It’s even easier to roll up the pasta lengthwise and cut strips with a pair of scissors.
- Gently melt the blue cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring regularly. Add cream cheese, and stir well for a few minutes.
- Add the butter, and stir until smooth. Don’t bring the sauce to a boil; you just want it to be hot.
- Serve immediately with your keto pasta or zoodles. Top with roasted pine nuts and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Blue Cheese Sauce
Store in the refrigerator, the pasta keeps well for two to three days. It also freezes well. (Let it thaw at room temperature, or carefully heat in the microwave before using.) To refresh the pasta before serving, heat the pasta for 30 seconds in the microwave oven or let the warm sauce heat it. The pasta is already cooked.
Make it colorful
You can get a rainbow of colors – and flavors - by adding a few simple ingredients to this pasta.
Make it a deep red by adding 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
Make it green with a few tablespoons of finely chopped fresh basil or a little frozen spinach.
Make it a lovely, sunny yellow with the wonderful flavor of saffron or turmeric. Try just a pinch dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water, and mix it into the batter before adding the psyllium husk.