Keto beef salad with mozzarella and tomato
- 2 lbs 900 g sirloin steak, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 11 oz. 300 g multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5½ oz. (2¾ cups) 160 g (700 ml) leafy greens
- 11 oz. 300 g mozzarella, mini cheese balls
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh basil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp fresh oregano
- ¾ cup 180 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat a large, non-stick skillet on the stovetop or outdoor grill, over medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and garlic, and brush it over all sides of the steak.
- Sear the steak for 3-4 minutes per side, for medium-rare steaks.
- Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the mixed greens in a large serving bowl, with the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls (whole or halved) on top. Toss to combine.
- Blend the dressing ingredients together on high speed, until smooth. Pour into a cruet, for serving.
- Thinly slice the beef and tuck it amongst the other salad ingredients.
- Finish with a drizzle of dressing and some freshly cracked black pepper.
Rest the beef on the counter for 30 minutes, to bring to room temperature (this helps keep it super tender while cooking).
Can be stored in the fridge, in a covered container, for up to five days.
Can I use other kinds of meat?
Choose other meat that you prefer or have at home in the refrigerator. For this recipe, we like a tender fillet like beef fillet, rib eye fillet or beef tenderloin, that does not need long cooking. Calculate about 5 1/3 ounce (150 gram) per serving.