Keto beef salad with mozzarella and tomato
- 2 lbs 900 g sirloin steak, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and pepper for seasoning
- 11 oz. 300 g multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5½ oz. 150 g mixed greens
- 11 oz. 300 g drained baby mozzarella
- 1 oz. 30 g fresh parsley
- ½ oz. 15 g fresh basil
- ¼ oz. 7 g fresh oregano
- ¾ cup 175 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Pre-heat a pan on the stovetop, or outdoor grill over medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Combine the olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and then brush it over all sides of the steak.
- Sear the steak for 3-4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of the fillet, for medium-rare steaks.
- Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the mixed greens in a large serving bowl, placing the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls (whole or halved) on top. Toss to combine.
- Blend the dressing ingredients on high, until smooth. Pour into a cruet, for serving.
- Thinly slice the beef and tuck it amongst the other salad ingredients.
- Finish with a drizzle of dressing and some freshly cracked black pepper.
Make sure your beef is at room temperature as that helps keep it super tender while cooking.
Can be stored in the fridge, in a covered container, for up to five days.
Can I use other kinds of meat?
Choose other meat that you prefer or have at home in the refrigerator. For this recipe, we like a tender fillet like beef fillet, rib eye fillet or beef tenderloin, that does not need long cooking. Calculate about 5 1/3 ounce (150 gram) per serving.