Keto Italian meatloaf with baked tomatoes and pesto mayo
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef, or ground turkey
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp unsalted Italian seasoning
- 4 (1 lb) 4 (450 g) small tomato (about 4 oz/ 120 g each), cut in halfsmall tomatoes (about 4 oz/ 120 g each), cut in half
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz. (1 cup) 55 g (230 ml) leafy greens
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
Meatloaf and tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, and seasonings.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf, about 9 x 5" (23 x 12 cm), and place in the middle of the parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some extra Italian seasoning. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, and place them around the meatloaf, cut side up. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (72°C).
- Cool for about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the meatloaf with a dollop of pesto mayonnaise, leafy greens drizzled with olive oil and a couple of baked tomato halves.
- Combine the mayonnaise and pesto, in a small bowl. Taste, and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Do you love cheese? Make a trench in the center of the unbaked meatloaf and fill it with mozzarella cheese. Smooth the meat up, around and over the cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some extra Italian seasoning before putting it in the oven.
Top with some fresh basil leafs when serving for extra flavor.