Keto Italian chicken with basil and olives
- 1¾ lbs 800 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil or butter, for frying
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (180 ml) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ½ cup (21⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (65 g) olives
- ½ cup (¾ oz.) 120 ml (21 g) fresh basil, chopped
- 6 tbsp 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt and ground black pepper
- 4 cups (4¼ oz.) 950 ml (120 g) baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large frying pan, melt butter or olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken on all sides until browned.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Let rest.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Cut the chicken into 1” (2.5 cm) pieces. Top with sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and basil. Pour over the dressing. Cover with foil and let rest in the refrigerator for one hour or more.
- Serve the chicken cold with baby spinach.