Keto Italian chicken with basil and olives
- 1¾ lbs 800 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil or butter, for frying
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (180 ml) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ½ cup (21⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (65 g) olives
- ½ cup (¾ oz.) 120 ml (21 g) fresh basil, chopped
- 6 tbsp 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt and ground black pepper
- 4 cups (4¼ oz.) 950 ml (120 g) baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large frying pan, melt butter or olive oil, on medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken on all sides until browned.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish. Cook in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Let rest.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Cut the chicken into 1” (2.5 cm) pieces. Top with sundried tomatoes, olives, and basil. Pour over the dressing. Cover with foil and let rest in the refrigerator for one hour or more.
- Serve the chicken cold with baby spinach.