Low carb cauliflower pizza with artichokes
Well, hello, earth goddess! This vegetarian low carb pizza has a delicate flourless crust made with cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, and eggs - topped with a tangy tomato sauce, mild cheese blend, crunchy artichokes, and fresh herbs. One bite, and you'll be sent straight to heaven.
- 5 oz. 140 g cauliflower
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tomato sauce, unsweetened
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. 55 g canned artichokes, drained and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano or finely chopped, fresh basil
- 1 1 garlic clove, thinly slicedgarlic cloves, thinly sliced (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate the cauliflower using a food processor or a grater. Place the cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, and eggs into a medium-sized bowl and stir together until combined.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture on the baking sheet, forming a circular, thin-crust, about 11" (28 cm) in diameter. Bake on the middle rack for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Raise the oven temperature to 420°F (210°C). Spread the tomato sauce over the crust, and then layer with the cheeses, artichokes, basil, oregano, and garlic on top.
- Bake on the middle rack for 5-10 minutes, or until the crust and cheese turn golden brown. Slice and enjoy!
You can buy tomato sauce or make your own. You can also use tomato paste diluted with a bit of water or a finely chopped tomato. Ajvar relish or red tomato pesto is also delicious.
Recommended special equipment
Hi Libby. I put it all in a food processor together, so no need to grate anything. Comes out perfect every time. Process the cheese and cauliflower first, then add the eggs.
I was a little worried when cooking the crust that is might taste like scrambled egg, but the final result was excellent.
Here are our other pizza recipes that you can browse through - https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/pizza
This recipe as written makes one full serving.
Does anyone know how to get it a little more crisp? Mine was a little soggy? 🤷♀️
You may want to try cooking it a bit in a skillet after baking.
Hi, Ana! The carbs are too high per serving to consider this a keto meal. You can find more info here! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/how-low-carb-is-low-carb