Keto avocado, bacon and goat-cheese salad
- 8 oz. 225 g goat cheese, log
- 8 oz. 225 g bacon
- 2 2 avocado, slicedavocados, sliced
- 4 oz. 110 g
- 4 oz. 110 g walnuts, halves & pieces
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- ½ cup 125 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the goat cheese into round, half-inch (1 cm) slices and place in the baking dish. Bake on the upper rack for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, non-stick pan. Fry over medium heat until crispy, turning occasionally.
- Place the avocado slices on top of the arugula. Add the fried bacon and goat cheese. Sprinkle walnuts on top and serve with the dressing.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a tall and narrow, mixing container. Using an immersion blender, blend together until well combined.
To prevent the goat cheese from crumbling when slicing: Fill a cup with water, dip a sharp knife into the water, scrape the knife sides on the edge of the cup and then slice, and repeat. The knife will glide through the cheese!
Looking for a little more variety? While this dressing is mouthwatering on its own, feel free to add your favorite herbs to make it even more irresistible. Fresh parsley, dill, or thyme, will round out the dressing incredibly well.