Keto avocado, bacon and goat-cheese salad
- 8 oz. 225 g goat cheese
- 8 oz. 225 g bacon
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 4 oz. 110 g walnuts
- 4 oz. 110 g arugula lettuce
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- ½ cup 125 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and place parchment paper in a baking dish.
- Cut the goat cheese into round half inch (~1 cm) slices and place in the baking dish. Bake on upper rack until golden.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy.
- Cut the avocado into pieces and put on top of the arugula. Add the fried bacon and goat cheese. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Using an immersion blender, make a salad dressing with the juice from half a lemon, homemade mayonnaise, olive oil, and perhaps a couple of tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Looking for a little more variety? While this dressing is mouthwatering on its own, feel free to add your favorite herbs to make it even more irresistible. Fresh parsley, dill, or thyme, will round out the dressing incredibly well.