Keto Caprese omelet
Soft mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fresh basil, yes please! In an omelet — even better! This super-easy, keto dish works for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and is sure to be a new fave. So get out your frying pan… Italy, here we come!
- 6 6 eggeggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz. 85 g cherry tomatoes cut in halves or tomato cut in slicestomatoes cut in slices
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (300 ml) fresh mozzarella cheese, diced or sliced
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Whisk well with a fork until fully combined. Add basil and stir.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Pour the egg batter over the tomatoes. Wait until the batter is slightly firm before adding the mozzarella cheese.
- Lower the heat and cook until the omelet has set. Serve right away and enjoy!
Such a great spin on an egg classic ?
This makes 2 servings.
Great! So glad you enjoyed it!
Awesome! Glad you love it!
Im new to this so could be looking at this wrong.
The eggs and mozzarella also have carbs. The USDA Food Database is a great resource for researching nutritional information! https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/
I am glad you enjoyed this one so much. Great tips to make it your own.