Soft mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fresh basil, yes please! In an omelet — even better! This super-easy, keto dish works for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and is sure to be a new fave. So get out your frying pan… Italy, here we come!
- 6 6 eggeggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh basil or dried basil
- 3 oz. 75 g cherry tomatoes cut in halves or tomato cut in slicestomatoes cut in slices
- 5 oz. 150 g fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add salt and black pepper to your liking. Whisk well with a fork until fully combined. Add basil and stir.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves or slices. Dice or slice the cheese.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Fry the tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Pour the egg batter on top of the tomatoes. Wait until the batter is slightly firm before adding the mozzarella cheese.
- Lower the heat and let the omelet set. Serve right away and enjoy!