Low-carb chocolate avocado truffles
- 1 1 ripe avocado, choppedripe avocados, chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ ½ lime, zestlimes, zest
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 5 oz. 150 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (5 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix avocado with vanilla extract using an immersion blender. It's important to use ripe avocado so the mixture can be completely smooth.
- Stir in lime zest and add a pinch of salt.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in water bath or microwave.
- Mix chocolate and avocado, combine well. Let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until batter is firm but not completely solid.
- Form small truffle balls with your hands. Alternatively, use a small scoop or two teaspoons. Shape with your palms and roll in cocoa powder.
You can store in the refrigerator up to one week or freeze.