Keto lemon bars with shortbread crust
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp powdered erythritol (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8 x 8" (20 x 20 cm) baking pan with parchment paper, or use a non-stick pan.
- Mix the almond flour, erythritol, and salt in a medium-sized bowl with a wooden spoon or food processor. Add the melted butter and mix until combined, and crumbly in texture.
- Press evenly into the bottom of the baking pan using your fingers, or the backside of a measuring cup.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden. As the crust bakes, prepare the lemon filling.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs and erythritol. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pre-baked crust and smooth the surface with a spatula if needed. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the filling has set, but is still soft. Set aside to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. For serving, sift the powdered erythritol over the surface, and slice into squares.
Recommended special equipment
- Baking pan 8 x 8" (20 x 20 cm)
Switch it up
You could replace the almond flour with hazelnut or any other nut flour in the crust and swap the lemon in the filling for lime.
Garnish with whipping cream and fresh berries.
Leftovers keep fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for at least one week and in the freezer for a couple of months. Thaw at room temperature or in the fridge before serving.