Keto Italian vinaigrette
Dress up even the most ordinary salad with a fresh homemade blend. This oil and vinegar combo, seasoned with herbs and mustard, is tasty enough to use every day. So shake it up and banish sugar, sketchy oils, and expensive store-bought dressings from your life!
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup 240 ml light olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Pour all ingredients in a beaker with a lid, or a dressing bottle with a large opening.
- Shake vigorously and let sit for 30 minutes or longer to let the flavors develop.
- Keep in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
- Mix together the spices well and pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Remember that spices should be kept in a dark, dry, cool place, so consider using small tin containers for storage.
- Make a batch that you will use up in about six months. Thereafter, the spices will lose some of their bite, flavor and color. (But they will still be safe to eat.)
Add a smaller amount of vinegar if you like your dressing less sour. For a creamier vinaigrette, add some mayo or sour cream.
We have not tested this recipe with dry mustard.
Either of those will give a very different taste profile.
I definitely would use my best strongest EVOO because I love the flavor.
It is going to be approximately 2-3 tablespoons. Add the volume of the liquid ingredients (there are 16T in 1cup) and then divide by 10. Add in a little extra because of the volume of the dry ingredients.
Most people eating a ketogenic diet do not need to track or restrict salt or sodium.