- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml tomato paste
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup 120 ml water
- 8 eggeggs
- 10 oz. 280 g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 cups 500 ml sour cream or crème fraiche
- 5 oz. 150 g shredded cheese
- 2 oz. 60 g grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup 120 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
Nutrition75% Fat19% Protein4% Carbs
- Start with the pasta sauce, perhaps even the day before, for a more flavorful sauce.
- Peel and finely chop onion and garlic and fry soft in olive oil. Add the ground beef and fry until golden. Add tomato paste and spices.
- Stir thoroughly and add water. Let boil, lower the heat and let simmer for at least 15 minutes until most of the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, make the lasagna sheets according to the recipe below.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix shredded cheese with sour cream and most of the parmesan cheese. Save one or two tablespoons for topping. Add salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
- Place lasagna sheets and pasta sauce in layers in a greased baking dish, about 7–12 inches.
- Spread the sour cream batter and the remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the lasagna has a nice surface. Serve with a green salad and your favorite dressing.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Whisk together eggs, cream cheese and salt into a smooth batter. Continue to whisk while stirring in the psyllium husk, a little at a time. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper using a spatula. Place another parchment paper on top and flatten with a rolling pin until the batter is at least 13 x 18 inches (33 x 45 cm). You can also divide into two batches and use another baking sheet for an even thinner pasta.
- Let both pieces of parchment paper remain in place. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool and remove the paper, divide into sheets that fits your baking dish.
You can use thinly sliced zucchini instead of the low-carb lasagna sheets.