Keto bacon burger casserole
- 7 oz. 200 g bacon, diced
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 2 2 dill pickle, finely choppeddill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 2 tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g (425 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
- 4 oz. 110 g lettuce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 2-quart 9” round casserole dish.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Set bacon aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Add ground beef to the same pan and increase the heat slightly. Fry while stirring until the ground beef is cooked through.
- Add dill pickles and tomatoes to the pan along with minced garlic, salt, pepper and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Add ground beef mixture and bacon to the casserole dish.
- Mix eggs, cream and tomato sauce in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce and olive oil.
Want onions with that? Perhaps a thin slice, raw, served as a garnish? An 1/8" thick slice of a medium onion adds about 1g net carbs.