Keto bacon burger casserole
- 7 oz. 200 g bacon, diced
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 2 dill pickle, finely choppeddill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened
- 4 oz. (3 cups) 110 g (700 ml) lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 2-quart 9” (22 cm) round casserole dish.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Set bacon aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Add ground beef to the same pan and increase the heat slightly. Fry while stirring until the ground beef is cooked through. Once the beef is cooked, you can drain some of the fat if you wish.
- Add dill pickles and tomatoes to the pan along with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Add ground beef mixture and bacon to the casserole dish.
- Mix eggs, cream, and tomato sauce in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce.
Want onions with that? Perhaps a thin slice, raw, served as a garnish? An 1/8" (3 mm) thick slice of a medium onion adds about 1g net carbs.