Keto bacon burger casserole
A cheeseburger in keto paradise? Sure. Put your "two all beef patties, special sauce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles..." AND bacon into a keto casserole. Then dig in and enjoy!
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 7 oz. 200 g bacon
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 2 2 dill pickle, finely choppeddill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 2 tomatotomatoes
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves (optional)
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz. 200 g shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g lettuce
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Dice the bacon into smaller pieces and fry in butter over medium heat.
- Add ground beef to the pan and increase the heat slightly. Continue frying while stirring until the ground beef is cooked through.
- Chop dill pickles and tomatoes and add to the pan along with minced garlic, seasonings and ⅔ of the cheese.
- Grease a baking dish and add ground beef mixture.
- Mix eggs, cream and tomato paste in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce and olive oil.
Want onions with that? Perhaps a thin slice, raw, served as a garnish? An 1/8" thick slice of a medium onion adds about 1g net carbs.