Keto bacon burger casserole
A cheeseburger in keto paradise? Sure. Put your "two all beef patties, special sauce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles..." AND bacon into a keto casserole. Then dig in and enjoy!
- 7 oz. 200 g bacon, diced
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 2 dill pickle, finely choppeddill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
- 4 oz. (3 cups) 110 g (700 ml) lettuce
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 2-quart 9” (22 cm) round casserole dish.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Set bacon aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Add ground beef to the same pan and increase the heat slightly. Fry while stirring until the ground beef is cooked through. Once the beef is cooked, you can drain some of the fat if you wish.
- Add dill pickles and tomatoes to the pan along with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Add ground beef mixture and bacon to the casserole dish.
- Mix eggs, cream, and tomato sauce in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce.
Want onions with that? Perhaps a thin slice, raw, served as a garnish? An 1/8" (3 mm) thick slice of a medium onion adds about 1g net carbs.
Awesome! My family, especially my teenager loves this one!
Great idea! Glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you for your review and also for your tips!
You can leave the lid off the casserole dish if this is not specified.
4 servings, though? A quarter of the recipe was WAAAY too much for me! I had half of my "serving" left over to take to work for dinner!
Luckily, this is not a bad thing, as the dish becomes twice as economical!
Great! So glad you enjoyed it! And hooray for leftovers!
Dextrose is another name for sugar, so it's best to avoid if you can!
Hi, Steph! This feature is now a DD+ benefit. If you're not a member yet, you can sign up for a free month if you'd like to access it! https://www.dietdoctor.com/new-member
Sounds great, Carole! So glad you all enjoyed it!