Low carb cheeseburger casserole
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , chopped, chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 1½ cups (13 oz.) 350 ml (350 g) canned whole tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 2 dill pickledill pickles
- 5 oz. (4 cups) 140 g (900 ml) lettuce
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a 9x12" (22 x 30 cm) baking dish with butter.
- Boil the cauliflower florets in lightly salted water for about 3 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly in a strainer.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef, stirring until cooked through.
- Drain the canned tomatoes and chop into bite-sized pieces. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, mustard, cauliflower, and spices. Once combined, add ⅔ of the shredded cheese, stirring until melted into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish, and add the remaining cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with pickles, lettuce, and olive oil.
Want ketchup on that? Try our low-carb ketchup recipe!