Keto goat cheese burger with zucchini fries
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 1 cup (2¾ oz.) 240 ml (80 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onion, thinly slicedred onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground turkey
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g goat cheese
- 3 oz. (21⁄3 cups) 85 g (550 ml) lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix all ingredients for the tomato mayo and set aside in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise and remove the seeds. Divide into rods, about ¼ to ½" (1-1.5 cm) thick.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder, salt, and pepper on a plate.
- Toss the rods in the flour mixture, then dip each rod in the eggs to cover. Finish with another coating of flour.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the burgers. Sauté the onions in butter until soft on medium heat. Add the vinegar towards the end, give it a stir and reduce until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until serving.
- Shape the burger patties and fry or grill them to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the burgers on beds of lettuce and the onion mixture. Place the goat cheese on top and serve with zucchini fries and spicy tomato mayo.
You can make oven-baked fries from a variety of vegetables that are low in carbs - for example green asaparagus, green beans, or yellow beans. Remember, it’s always fun to play with your vegetables!