Elegance is redefined with this savory and tangy burger topped with melty goat cheese. Joining the party, are crispy zucchini fries and a spicy tomato mayo. Oh, yes. You want this.
Spicy tomato mayonnaise
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 1 zucchini
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml almond flour
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 oz. 30 g butter or olive oil
- 2 2 red onionred onions
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 12⁄3 lbs 750 g ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 3½ oz. 100 g goat cheese
- 3½ oz. 100 g lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix all ingredients for the tomato mayo and set aside in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchini length wise and remove the seeds. Divide into rods, about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper on a plate.
- Toss the rods in the flour mixture then dip each rod in the eggs to cover. Finish with another coating of flour.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the burgers. Start by slicing the onions thinly and sauté in butter until soft on medium heat. Add the vinegar towards the end, give it a stir and reduce until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until serving.
- Shape the burger patties and fry or grill them to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the burgers on beds of lettuce and the onion mixture. Place the goat cheese on top and serve with zucchini fries and spicy tomato mayo.
You can make oven baked fries from a variety of vegetables that are low in carbs – for example green asaparagus, green beans or yellow beans. Remember, it’s always fun to play with your vegetables!