Keto ribeye steak with oven-roasted vegetables
- 5 oz. 140 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- ¾ lb 325 g broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ ½ whole garlicwhole garlics
- 10 oz. 280 g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme or dried oregano or dried basil
- 1½ lbs 650 g ribeye steakribeye steaks
- salt and pepper
- Mix the butter with garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (225°C). Take your meat out of the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to bring it to room temperature. Separate the whole garlic head into cloves but don't peel them.
- Grease a large roasting pan and place the broccoli, garlic and tomatoes in a single layer. Season with thyme, oregano or basil and drizzle olive oil on top. Give it a stir to coat and then place the roasting pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Brush the meat with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Fry quickly on high heat in a frying pan. At this point, you're only looking to give the meat a nice seared surface.
- Remove the pan from the oven and make room for the meat amongst the vegetables.
- Lower the heat to 400°F (200°C) and place the pan back in the oven for just a few minutes up to 15, depending on how you like your meat - medium-rare 135°F (58°C), medium 145°F (63°C) or well-done 155°F (68°C).
- Remove from the oven and place a dollop of garlic butter on each piece of meat. Serve straight away.
You can make this dish with pork shoulder, chicken or fish. Adjust the time in the oven accordingly.
You can also add some minced anchovies and lemon juice to the garlic butter to add some umami flavor.
This dish pairs perfectly with a crisp, cool salad.
Cook your steak on the grill
If you would rather cook your steak on the grill, we have you covered!
Get your grill temperature about 450°F (225°C), medium high for most grills. Place the steaks on the grill and close the lid. Grill on the first side for 6 minutes. Rotate half the way through if you want nice crossed grill marks. Flip and grill until you reach the correct internal temperature for your taste. About 135°F (58°C) for medium-rare and 145°F (63°C) for medium.