“Juicy.” “Flavorful.” “Filled with amazingness.” Those are three things that are going to pop into your mind when you take a bite of these wonderfully moist burgers. And combined on the plate with Brussels sprouts and creamy onions? Wow, wow, wow.
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1½ lbs 700 g ground beef or ground pork or ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon kosher or ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon dried oregano or other dried herb of your choice
- 2 2 yellow onionyellow onions
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Trim and cut the Brussels sprouts in half and place in a baking dish. Add oil and salt and pepper. Stir and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size.
- Meanwhile, make the patties. Shred an onion coarsely or chop finely. Place in a bowl and add the ground meat and spices. Mix well and form one large patty (or two smaller 'sliders') per serving.
- Slice the rest of the onion finely and carefully sauté in butter until golden. Pour in the cream and let simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl.
- Fry the patties in the rest of the butter in the same pan, 5-10 minutes on each side. Turn a couple of times, until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the creamed onions back in the pan. Serve the patties warm with roasted Brussels sprouts.
This recipe is very versatile. Make it you own by using different types of ground meat or poultry and add any combination of spices or herbs that you like. The options are endless here, and you’ll love all of them!