Keto Tex-Mex burger plate
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g ground beef
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cold water
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz. 30 g sliced Pepper Jack cheese or Mexican cheese or any other flavorful cheese you like
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 2 oz. 50 g arugula lettuce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml crème fraîche or mayonnaise
- Mix ground beef, Tex-Mex seasoning and water. Form one burger per serving.
- Brush half of the olive oil all around each burger and fry or grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until the burger is light pink or cooked all the way through, which ever you prefer. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the burger along with cheese, avocado, lettuce, jalapeños and crème fraiche or mayonnaise. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil on the vegetables.
Spice things up with our keto salsa verde — delicious on the avocados!