Beef patties with creamy onion gravy and broccoli
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 1 yellow onion, mincedyellow onions, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 3 3 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp tamari soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli or cauliflower
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, egg, cream, minced onion, and the spices. Use wet hands to form the flat patties.
- Fry the patties in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side. Put the patties in an oven-proof dish and keep baking in the oven on 210-250°F (100-125°C) while you prepare the rest.
- Whisk the cooking juices with some water and set aside for the gravy.
- Slice the onions really thin with a sharp knife or mandolin. Fry in butter until soft and golden. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream, cooking juices and the rest of the ingredients for the sauce to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has the desired consistency. Stir in the onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse and cut the broccoli into smaller florets. Boil for a few minutes in lightly salted water, until crisp-tender. Drain and allow to steam for a few minutes.
- Serve the beef patties and the onion gravy with the freshly boiled broccoli.