Classic keto hamburger
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g) super fine almond flour
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp (50 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 1¼ cups 300 ml water
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 3 egg whiteegg whites
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) sesame seeds
- 1¾ lbs 800 g ground beef
- 1 oz. 30 g butter or olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g lettuce, shredded
- 1 1 tomato, thinly slicedtomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1 red onion, thinly slicedred onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 5 oz. 150 g bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Start by making the hamburger buns. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring water to a boil. Add the water, the vinegar and the egg whites to the bowl while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't overmix the dough; the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- With moist hands, form the dough into individual pieces of bread, one for each serving. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Be sure to leave enough room on the baking sheet for the buns to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50-60 minutes. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the buns.
- Fry the bacon slices over medium heat.
- Form the ground beef into individual hamburgers and either grill or fry. Season with salt and pepper when the hamburgers are almost done.
- Split each roll in half and spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on each half.
- Build your hamburger to your taste.
- Pair with a side of coleslaw for added crunch!
If you need to store the bread you can do so in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature or in a warm oven.