Make your own keto bread and enjoy a classic hamburger!
- 1¾ lbs 800 g ground beef
- 1 oz. 30 g butter or olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g shredded lettuce
- 1 1 tomatotomatoes
- 1 1 red onionred onions
- 8 tablespoons 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 oz. 150 g cooked bacon
Keto hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Start by making the hamburger buns: Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add this, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't overmix the dough, the consistency of the dough should resemble Play-Doh.
- Form with moist hands into 4 pieces of bread. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Make sure to leave enough room between the breads on the baking sheet for them to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50-60 minutes, they're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the buns.
- Prepare the condiments while the bread is baking. Shred the lettuce, slice tomato and onion thinly and fry the bacon crispy.
- Form the ground beef into four hamburgers and fry in a pan or grill. Salt and pepper when the hamburgers are almost done.
- Split the breads into halves and spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on both halves.
- Build your hamburger to your taste.
- If you want, serve with a side like coleslaw.
If you need to store the bread you can do so in the freezer, and thaw at room temperature or on low heat in the oven.