Classic keto hamburger
- 1¾ lbs 800 g ground beef
- 1 oz. 30 g butter or olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g shredded lettuce
- 1 1 tomatotomatoes
- 1 1 red onionred onions
- 8 tbsp 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 5 oz. 150 g cooked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Start by making the hamburger buns. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and the egg whites to the bowl while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't overmix the dough; the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- With moist hands, form the dough into individual pieces of bread, one for each serving. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Be sure to leave enough room on the baking sheet for the buns to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50-60 minutes. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the buns.
- Prepare the condiments while the bread is baking. Shred the lettuce, slice tomato and onion thinly and fry the bacon.
- Form the ground beef into individual hamburgers and either grill or fry. Season with salt and pepper when the hamburgers are almost done.
- Split the breads into halves and spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on both halves.
- Build your hamburger to your taste.
- Pair with a side of coleslaw for added crunch!
If you need to store the bread you can do so in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature or in a warm oven.