Philly cheesesteak, here we come. But with an upgrade—no Cheez Whiz or bun to drag you down. You'll love this combo of rib-eye, Provolone cheese, peppers and onions, served up as a keto casserole. Brotherly love at first bite.
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g mushrooms
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 2 green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 1 lb 450 g ribeye steak, thinly slicedribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 7 oz. 200 g shredded provolone cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons unsweetened marinara sauce
- 6 oz. 175 g leafy greens
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C).
- Slice or chop the mushrooms. Chop the onion and bell pepper finely.
- Fry the vegetables in butter until slightly soft. Put aside.
- Slice the meat and fry in the same frying pan. Add the garlic and spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the veggies to the pan and stir.
- Place everything in a greased baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown.
- Drizzle marinara sauce on top and serve with leafy greens and olive oil.
Feel free to swap out the rib-eye for deli roast beef for an even quicker meal.