Keto cheesesteak casserole
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 10 oz. 275 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1 yellow onion, finely slicedyellow onions, finely sliced
- 2 2 green bell pepper, finely slicedgreen bell peppers, finely sliced
- 1 lb 450 g ribeye steak, shaved or very thinly slicedribeye steaks, shaved or very thinly sliced
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 7 oz. 200 g shredded provolone cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 6 oz. 175 g leafy greens
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C) and grease a 9x12 pan.
- In a large pan, over medium heat, fry the vegetables in butter, until slightly soft. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the meat to the frying pan, and cook until slightly pink. Then reduce temperature to medium low, adding garlic, spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Return the veggies to the pan and stir.
- Place everything into the baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling and turns golden brown.
- Drizzle hot sauce on top, and serve with leafy greens and olive oil.
Feel free to swap out the rib-eye for deli roast beef for an even quicker meal.
Also tastes great with a two-cheese topping! Combine shredded mozzarella with shredded provolone.
If you use a cast iron pan to sauté the ingredients, instead of transferring everything to a clean bowl, you can put everything back in the pan, top with the provolone and put it in the oven. This will save you some time and dishwashing.