Keto cheesesteak casserole
Philly cheesesteak, here we come! But with an upgrade — no Cheez Whiz or bun to drag you down. You'll love this combo of ribeye, Provolone cheese, peppers and onions, served up as a keto casserole. Love at first bite.
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 10 oz. (4 cups) 280 g (950 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion, finely slicedyellow onions, finely sliced
- 2 (10 oz.) 2 (280 g) green bell pepper, finely slicedgreen bell peppers, finely sliced
- 1 lb 450 g ribeye steak, shaved or very thinly slicedribeye steaks, shaved or very thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1½ cups (7 oz.) 350 ml (200 g) shredded provolone cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 6 oz. (3 cups) 170 g (700 ml) leafy greens
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C) and grease a 9 x 12" (22 x 30 cm) pan.
- In a large pan, over medium heat, fry the vegetables in butter, until slightly soft. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the meat to the frying pan, and cook until slightly pink. Then reduce temperature to medium-low, adding garlic, spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Return the veggies to the pan and stir.
- Place everything into the baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling and turns golden brown.
- Drizzle hot sauce on top, and serve with leafy greens and olive oil.
I don't like the marinara sauce or the italian seasonings on a cheese steak. Just my opinion but the recipe above is too watery also.
This recipe may have been updated and the comments about marinara reflect an earlier version. Sometimes the recipes are tweaked to make improvements or lower the carb count.
If you don't have provolone, mozzarella would be a better substitute. Cheddar has a much different texture and taste than provolone.
Yes, you can double it yourself or simply adjust the serving size to change the amount of ingredients you'll need.
That's wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed this recipe.
That's a great tip, thank you for sharing!
Thank you for sharing that tip!