Steak and broccoli stir-fry with toasted pumpkin seeds
- 12 oz. 350 g ribeye steakribeye steaks
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 9 oz. 250 g broccoli
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g) pumpkin seeds
- Slice the steak and chop the onion. Slice or chop the broccoli including the stem. Peel the stem with a paring knife first if it looks rough.
- Heat up some of the butter in a frying pan or wok. Brown the meat. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry broccoli and onion in the same frying pan with more butter. Save a dollop for serving.
- Add soy sauce towards the end. Return the meat back to the pan and stir. Season to taste and keep warm while toasting the pumpkin seeds.
- Heat a large, dry skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds. Stir the seeds constantly to prevent burning. Toast until they get some color and start to pop.
- Serve the stir-fry with a dollop of butter and pumpkin seeds.
The meat continues to cook after you take it off the heat, so err on the side of slightly less cooking time. You can always cook it a little more with the veggies at the end if you wish.
Feel free to add a fried egg on top if you want some extra nutrition and even more flavor!
This recipe has been test-kitchen approved.