Keto cabbage noodle beef stroganoff
Easy beef stroganoff gets a low carb makeover. Skip the noodles and cook some thinly sliced cabbage until tender, then serve the tangy sour cream sauce overtop. Full of delicious mushrooms and tender beef, it makes a wonderful keto dinner.
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz. (3¼ cups) 230 g (800 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g sirloin steak, sliced thin against the grainsirloin steaks, sliced thin against the grain
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, choppedred onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup 120 ml beef broth
- 4⁄5 cup 190 ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1¼ lbs 550 g green cabbage, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- In a large skillet, heat two-thirds of the butter over medium high heat until melted. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
- Pat the beef dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add to the hot pan. Cook until browned, another 5 minutes or so, then transfer to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Add the remaining butter to pan and add the onion, sautéing until translucent. Whisk in the tomato paste, then whisk in the broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Place the sour cream in a medium bowl and whisk in about ½ cup of the broth. Then stir the sour cream mixture back into the pan.
- Return the mushrooms and beef to the pan, along with any accumulated juices, and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cabbage, salt and pepper, and water.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the cabbage is tender. Serve topped with the beef stroganoff.
I did like the flavor of the dish and it was satisfying. I would probably double the broth/sour cream sauce as I like it bit more "saucy". But overall a good dish
You can try a chuck steak or ribeye.
We have not tested this recipe in the slow cooker.
Thank you so much for this recipe!! A new favourite in our house!
Yes, chicken thighs would work well in this dish.
Interesting! I'm not sure I've seen paprika in a stroganoff recipe before. If that's how you prefer to prepare yours, you can definitely include it. Dishes like this are optimal for adding your preferred herbs and spices!