Keto goat cheese burger with zucchini fries
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g)
- 11⁄3 cups (5¼ oz.) 325 ml (150 g) almond flour
- 11⁄3 cups (32⁄3 oz.) 325 ml (110 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) red onion, thinly slicedred onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g goat cheese
- 3 oz. (21⁄3 cups) 85 g (550 ml) lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix all ingredients for the tomato mayo and set aside in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise and remove the seeds. Divide into rods, about ¼ to ½" (1-1.5 cm) thick.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder, salt, and pepper on a plate.
- Toss the rods in the flour mixture then dip each rod in the eggs to cover. Finish with another coating of flour.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the burgers. Sauté the onions in butter until soft on medium heat. Add the vinegar towards the end, give it a stir and reduce until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until serving.
- Shape the burger patties and fry or grill them to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the burgers on beds of lettuce and the onion mixture. Place the goat cheese on top and serve with zucchini fries and spicy tomato mayo.
You can make oven baked fries from a variety of vegetables that are low in carbs - for example green asaparagus, green beans or yellow beans. Remember, it’s always fun to play with your vegetables!