Low-carb cheeseburger casserole
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 14 oz. 400 g canned whole tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10 oz. 275 g shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 2 dill pickledill pickles
- 5 oz. 150 g lettuce
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a 9x12 baking dish with butter.
- Trim the cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Boil in lightly salted water for about 3 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly in a strainer.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef, stirring until cooked through.
- Drain the canned tomatoes and chop into bite-sized pieces. Reduce heat to medium low, and add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, mustard, cauliflower and spices. Once combined, add ⅔ of the shredded cheese, stirring until melted into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish, and add the remaining cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with pickles, lettuce and olive oil.
Want ketchup on that? Try our low-carb ketchup recipe!