Dairy-free keto egg custard tarts
- 1¾ cups 425 ml
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp granulated erythritol
- 2 tsp 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- 6 6 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Divide the crust mixture equally between the individual 4" (10 cm) tart pans or in a 9" (23 cm) pie pan, preferably with a removable bottom. Press the crust mixture into the pan and pan sides, with the back of a dessert spoon, or using your fingers. Create a nice angle at the bottom of the tart base and prick all over the base with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until it turns a light, golden brown. Remove from the oven, and cool completely.
- Place the coconut cream, salt, erythritol, and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cold water, and let bloom for 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until creamy with a mixer. Very slowly, gradually pour the hot coconut cream into the eggs, whisking continuously, until well blended and smooth.
- Pour everything back to the saucepan and return it to the stove over low heat. Add the gelatin, and whisk for 5 minutes, or until it has dissolved and the mixture has slightly thickened.
- If you notice any lumps in the custard, strain it through a sieve. Spoon the custard into the tart shells and refrigerate for at least two hours, or until set.
- When cooled, finish off with a dusting of nutmeg. Enjoy!