Spanish ratatouille with egg and Serrano ham
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 oz. (52⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (80 ml) chopped chopped
- 5 oz. (1 cup) 140 g (220 ml) chopped chopped
- 2½ oz. (72⁄3 tbsp) 70 g (110 ml) , chopped, chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 7 oz. 200 g , cut into 0,2 inches (0.5 cm) cubes
- 8 oz. (1¼ cups) 230 g (300 ml) tomato, gratedtomatoes, grated
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 7 oz. 200 g ham, cured
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté the onion and peppers in half of the oil for five minutes. Season with a bit of salt so that the onion releases its water and the vegetables cook more easily.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for two more minutes.
- Add the zucchini, sauté for two minutes and then add the tomato. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until everything has cooked through, the sauce has thickened a bit, and the vegetables are tender but still whole.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs in a frying pan with the remaining oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready, serve the ratatouille on individual plates with the egg on top and slices of ham on the side.
The ratatouille can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.