Lemon-lime poppy seed cheesecakes
- 10 oz. 275 g cream cheese
- ½ cup 125 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp [25 g] erythritol
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ ½ lemon, grated zest and juice
- ½ ½ lime, grated zest and juicelimes, grated zest and juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp [5 g] erythritol, preferably powdered
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml fresh raspberries (optional)
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C)
- Add all the ingredients (except toppings) to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into glass jars or other small, heat-resistant portion molds.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Shake gently to see if they have stabilized.
- Let them cool. Put them in the refrigerator for a few hours until they are completely cold.
- Mix the crème fraîche with vanilla and sweetener. Add a spoonful of the mixture on top of each mini cheesecake. Garnish with raspberries, poppy seeds and a sprig of fresh mint.
You can prepare this dessert a day ahead. Garnish with berries, poppy seeds and mint just before serving.
Make it even creamier!
After you fill the jars, put them in a deep baking dish. Fill the dish with water so the water covers at least half the jars' height, and then put in the oven. The extra-creamy results are definitely worth the little extra trouble!