Delightful butter-fried fish with a fresh and silky yogurt dip and tender sugar snaps. Spoiler alert: this super easy and super quick dish may become an instant family favorite and may convert even the most dedicated non-fish eaters!
- 1¾ lbs 800 g white fish
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g sugar snaps
Yogurt and walnut dip
- 1 cup 225 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oz. 50 g walnuts
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon lemon, zest
- salt and pepper
- Season the fish pieces and set aside for a few minutes.
- Chop the walnuts roughly and mix with yogurt, olive oil and lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Parboil or butter fry sugar snaps until tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat the fish dry and pepper to taste. Fry in butter on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve fish with sugar snaps, yogurt sauce and pan juices.
Sugar snaps can be replaced with other low-carb vegetables such as zucchini, cauliflower or broccoli.
You can make good use of the leftover lemon juices, feel free to sprinkle a few drops over the fish if you’re feeling extra citrusy!